The concept of a Site Group is simply a list of websites that have a common theme, that is relevant to you. The point collecting together websites is to save time. When you connect a Phrase Group at your Site Group, Dwindal then scans those websites for the keywords/terms in the Phrase Group.
Site Group Examples
|Celebrity Sites||Science Sites||Political Sites||Sports Sites|
|- www.people.com||- www. scientificamerican.com||- www. villagevoice.com||- www.si.com|
|- www.imdb.com||- www. planetary.org||- www. economist.com||- espn.go.com|
|- www. rottentomatoes.com||- www.nejm.org||- www. huffingtonpost.ca||- www.tsn.ca|
|- www. politics.co.uk||- aol. sportingnews.com|
Site Group Rules
The follow rules apply for the main Dwindal interface. If you use the Quick Set Up feature, you have limitations.
- You can have as many Site Groups as you wish.
- Site Groups can be connected to as many Phrase Groups as you wish. Use the Set Schedule button to do this.
- Sites can appear in multiple Site Groups.
- Site Group Names have to be unique. You can't name a Site Group the same name as a Phrase Group.
Site Group Buttons
- Use the Create a New Group button to create and name a new Site Group.
- Use the Delete This Group button to remove a Site Group. This action will also remove any connections the Site Group has with any Phrase Groups.
- Use the Rename Group button to rename your Site Group. This action does not affect any connections to Phrase Groups.
- When adding a website, you must first type in the address and then click the Check Site. Dwindal makes sure the website exists and brings back a suggested nickname. You can change the nickname and then press Add.
- The Edit Site button allows you to change the nick name you have for a site. Once you have made your changes, click the Update button.
- To remove a website from a Site Group, click on the Remove button. The website on that line will be removed from the group and will no longer be scanned. (An exception occurs if you are using the website in a different Site Group.)
- The More ... button displays the phrases that are currently being sought within that specific website. The More button display allows you to prevent individual websites from being scanned for the indicated phrases.
- The Set Schedule button allows you to connect a Site Group to a Phrase Group. This tells Dwindal to start scanning the sites for the keywords.